No news is good news if you're Kootenay Ice center Sam Reinhart, at least when it comes to the ISS Hockey December rankings for the 2014 NHL Draft. Reinhart is holding steady as the top-ranked prospect for the coming year's draft, a position he has held in these rankings for the four releases that ISS Hockey has produced in the 2013 portion of this season.
At 6’3-½, Kitchener Rangers’ pivot Ryan MacInnis doesn’t need much help standing out from the crowd. But when you add in the fact that the St. Louis, MO native is the scion of an NHL legend, it’s hard not to get noticed.
This summer, a number of young players from across the United States were selected to play for the US at the relatively unknown 5 Nations Tournament, a contest for various U17 teams held in Slovakia. The competition consisted of the opponents Germany, Slovakia, Switzerland and the Czech Republic and play was conducted in a simple round robin format.
By all accounts put forth by prognosticators through the early going, the road to a Western Hockey League title this season is likely to run through either Kelowna or Portland. However, the Victoria Royals would certainly like to force opponents to embark on a couple of ferry rides as part of the championship travel package next spring.
After bursting onto the Ontario Hockey League scene in a big way last year, all eyes are on the Plymouth Whalers’ netminder Alex Nedeljkovic this season as one of the most promising goaltenders for the 2014 NHL Draft.
- GDT: MDSF #1 - 04/17/14 | Philadelphia Flyers @ New York Rangers | 7:00 - MSG, CNBC
- Books: A Song of Ice and Fire *SPOILERS* Part V: Hotah Appreciation Thread
- Post Game Talk: BOBROVSKY, YOU'RE BACK ON THE CASE! Pens - 4, Blue Jackets - 3
- Should Hemsky be re-signed?
- HF's 2013/14 NHL Awards (Calder/GM/Vezina/Adams/Lindsay Results in OP)
- 2014 NHL Draft Discussion - Part III ** Isles-5th Pick**