As well as acting as the hub for the Kootenay Ice, Cranbrook, BC is widely regarded for its rich railway history which dates back to the turn of the twentieth century. So it’s almost poetic that Rinat Valiev landed there in an effort to get a potential NHL career back on track.
The NCAA narrative begins early for most players planning to play collegiate hockey. By Grade 10 the player is being actively recruited and generally takes the next year or two to choose the school they feel will be best suited to their needs. The top recruits – the ones with NHL interest – are typically selected in the NHL Draft prior to even suiting up for their school of choice.
A year after capturing the gold medal at the 2013 World Junior Championship in Russia, the Americans finished out of medal contention this year with a fifth-place finish. Although Team USA as a whole played well in the tournament, the team couldn’t quite find the same magic at this year's WJC.
In 1996, JP Parise, father of Minnesota Wild forward Zach Parise, was approached to take over a fledgling hockey program for a small but well known boarding school in Faribault, Minnesota. Since then, the program has gone on to win multiple national championships at all levels of minor hockey while attracting the services of young talented stars like Sidney Crosby, Jonathan Toews, and Nathan MacKinnon.
- TV: True Detective (Part II)
- GDT: #63 - Pittsburgh vs Anaheim - Let's teach them a lesson!
- Pre-Game Talk: Blues @ Avs | Saturday, March 8th, 1pm MT | Start up the Bandwagon
- 4-5 years from now, Calle Jarnkrok will be a...
- Republicans vote to deny veterans benefits
- OT: 1st OFFICIAL HFStars Meet Up - Retirement Night (3/08) - Katy Trail Ice House