Just hours before the Pittsburgh Penguins hosted the New York Islanders Tuesday night at the CONSOL Energy Center in Pittsburgh, PA, a press conference was held to announce that the Penguins and the city of Pittsburgh would host the second annual USA Hockey/CCM All-American Prospects Game.
The U.S. National Development Team Program (NTFP) has developed into one of the top producers of talent eligible for the NHL Draft. With each passing year, the number of players drafted by NHL clubs directly from this program grows, making it THE top producer of American talent for the NHL.
With 15 drafted players on their roster, the University of Minnesota features more NHL prospects than any other NCAA team this season. So it is easy for lesser-known players to receive smaller amounts of attention. But sophomore and Buffalo Sabres prospect Christian Isackson is emerging from the shadows of the team’s top players and is beginning to establish himself as a rising star in the Golden Gophers’ talent-laden lineup.
As the USHL season nears its halfway point, Hockey’s Future is offering a look at 10 players that you should have your eye on for this year's NHL Draft. All 10 players are currently on USHL teams and are eligible for the 2013 NHL Draft. Players from the U.S. NTDP squad competing in the USHL were not included in this review.
- Significant quakes (5.0+)
- Post Game Talk: "mennhhhhhhhhhhh" LEAFS WIN! Californian Dream? 2nd in the Atlantic
- Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LV
- Canucks go from 3-0 lead to 4-3 deficit within 5:09 (and give up 7 goals in 3rd)
- TV: True Detective (Part II)
- Confirmed with Link: Ales Hemsky(@50%) to Ottawa for 3rd(2015) and 5th(2014)