The first thing that most people notice about Ryan MacInnis is his size. Even just having turned 17 years old a couple of weeks ago, MacInnis already stands 6’3” and weighs 174 pounds. His size is imposing, even on a U.S. National Team Development Program team that is peppered with big bodies.
The name Yale typically brings to mind students in argyle sweaters walking to class on paved walkways with a spiral notebook in hand. Alumni of the university have gone on to be U.S. Presidents, Supreme Court Justices and Academy Award winning actors. Samuel Morse and Eli Whitney call it their alma mater. Sinclair Lewis and Tom Wolfe do, as well.
On the back of University of North Dakota netminder Zane Gothberg’s helmet is a caricature of an elderly woman with long, curly hair, oversized oval-shaped earrings and large, black-rimmed glasses. She is holding a Diet Coke and has a sweater with UND ascribed across her chest. Below the picture are four words:
Love you Grandma Susie.
- HOH Top Players of All-Time #1
- Top 20 Defensemen Going into the 14-15 NHL Season: #19
- News Article: SI: Toronto among 3 other cities due for expansion teams in 2017
- Sport Business News's Bloom: NHL Expanding to Four Cities by 2017
- Future HHOF players on YOUR team
- I want this fingernail polish (and will give to all my nieces and newphews, cousins)