The Waterloo Black Hawks have five of the 10 leading scorers in the USHL. They have two goaltenders that could easily be No. 1 starters on another team. They have one player that is considered the best 2013 draft-eligible player in American juniors right now.
On the back of University of North Dakota netminder Zane Gothberg’s helmet is a caricature of an elderly woman with long, curly hair, oversized oval-shaped earrings and large, black-rimmed glasses. She is holding a Diet Coke and has a sweater with UND ascribed across her chest. Below the picture are four words:
Love you Grandma Susie.
When you’re a first round draft pick, expectations can be exceedingly high. The challenge of meeting such expectations can be even more daunting when you’re adjusting not only to a higher level of play, but also to a new culture that has established itself as a winner. Such has been the case for Boston College freshman defenseman, Michael Matheson.
Having a senior class that can guide a mostly younger team is crucial in not only the success of the program but also in the development of their younger players. But, over the last several years, few NCAA teams have been hit harder by non-graduating player departures than Northeastern University.
- CFHF Fantasy Hockey League X- The REAL Tenth Edition!
- Signing(s): Patrick Peterson signs whopper of an extension
- Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 14-15 Part III
- Speculation: The Dubas Factor
- Salary Cap: Free Agency XI | All Pens FA News, Legit FA Rumors, Trade Ideas Here
- Proposal: Boston - Toronto