Thoughts accumulated on a two-week trip that took me through eight states and four provinces. Lots of snow and lots of coffee.
Just hours before the Pittsburgh Penguins hosted the New York Islanders Tuesday night at the CONSOL Energy Center in Pittsburgh, PA, a press conference was held to announce that the Penguins and the city of Pittsburgh would host the second annual USA Hockey/CCM All-American Prospects Game.
The U.S. National Development Team Program (NTFP) has developed into one of the top producers of talent eligible for the NHL Draft. With each passing year, the number of players drafted by NHL clubs directly from this program grows, making it THE top producer of American talent for the NHL.
With 15 drafted players on their roster, the University of Minnesota features more NHL prospects than any other NCAA team this season. So it is easy for lesser-known players to receive smaller amounts of attention. But sophomore and Buffalo Sabres prospect Christian Isackson is emerging from the shadows of the team’s top players and is beginning to establish himself as a rising star in the Golden Gophers’ talent-laden lineup.
- HF Snob Thread: What takes do you read here help u filter quality of poster?
- Capitals have skilled prospects at all competition levels for 2014-15 season
- Proposal: Nash- Boston
- Friedman: Jordan Leopold's name out there in trade talks
- Kings News: Kings/Sharks Getting 4 Episode 24/7 (esque) Series for 2014-2015
- WHL Predictions: Agree or Disagree?