Thoughts accumulated on a two-week trip that took me through eight states and four provinces. Lots of snow and lots of coffee.
Just hours before the Pittsburgh Penguins hosted the New York Islanders Tuesday night at the CONSOL Energy Center in Pittsburgh, PA, a press conference was held to announce that the Penguins and the city of Pittsburgh would host the second annual USA Hockey/CCM All-American Prospects Game.
The U.S. National Development Team Program (NTFP) has developed into one of the top producers of talent eligible for the NHL Draft. With each passing year, the number of players drafted by NHL clubs directly from this program grows, making it THE top producer of American talent for the NHL.
With 15 drafted players on their roster, the University of Minnesota features more NHL prospects than any other NCAA team this season. So it is easy for lesser-known players to receive smaller amounts of attention. But sophomore and Buffalo Sabres prospect Christian Isackson is emerging from the shadows of the team’s top players and is beginning to establish himself as a rising star in the Golden Gophers’ talent-laden lineup.
- 2014 Wild Off-Season Thread
- Peter Forsberg vs Eric Lindros
- Would the world be better off if religion didn't exist
- Draft lottery changes coming: 2015 odds tweaked, 2016 top three spots drawn
- Prospect Info: Where does Hayes rank in our prospect rankings?
- TV: Big Brother 16 Part 4: Beast Mode Cowboy & the Froot Loop Dingus Fooligans (Read OP)