As long as Brady Skjei can remember, he wanted to be a Minnesota Gopher. His grandfather Stan Skjei and relative Brett Sadek both played football at the University of Minnesota and like many other players born in the self-proclaimed State of Hockey, Skjei went to many games at Mariucci Arena in Minneapolis hoping to one day be on the other side of the Plexiglas representing the school as a student-athlete.
Team USA started their quarterfinal contest against Russia on the offensive, scoring three goals to take a 3-2 lead into the first intermission. But a string of USA penalties in the second period swung the momentum towards Russia as they scored the last three goals of the game to take the win, 5-3.
While a majority of the players on the roster for Sweden at the 2014 World Junior Championship were plucked directly from that country, there is a handful of Swedes that are plying their trade in North America. One such player is defenseman Gustav Olofsson, a Minnesota Wild prospect who is currently playing NCAA hockey for Colorado College.
- GDT: Vanouver Canucks vs. Dallas Stars - 7:00 PM PST
- Original 6 Hockey Draft: Pick #120
- PGDT-Poll: #76| Anaheim Ducks @ New York Islanders | Players of the Game Poll | F/TBD
- Bored at work part II, drinking mexican coffee
- GDT: HFBoards GDT | 03/28/2015
- Movies: Spooks: The Greater Good Kit Harington spy Movie