During the 2010-11 season, defenseman Paul LaDue was playing for the Alexandria Blizzard of the North American Hockey League, a Tier II junior league known more for producing players for the NCAA rather than the NHL. Just a year later, on June 23rd of this year, he heard his name called at the NHL Draft in Pittsburgh.
The inaugural CCM/USA Hockey All-American Prospects Game was a qualified success, with the on-ice action helping to overcome what was a sparse crowd attending this prospect showcase, a game that was won by Team McClanahan, 5-2.
Players taking part in the 2012 CCM/USA Hockey All-American Prospects Game will be under the scrutiny of scores of NHL scouts and GM's that will be in attendance. But one player may draw the attention of these interested observers more so than others, that player being defenseman Seth Jones.
- Series where you thought the turning point had occurred...
- GDT: #12 – Sabres at Penguins – Sat Nov 1, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, SN1 – WGR
- GDT: Los Angeles Kings at Carolina Hurricanes — November 2, 2014, 2:00 p.m. (PST)
- Can NJD make it to the playoffs?
- What if the NHL embraced the future of sports gambling, similar to Adam Silvers take?
- GDT: Jets @ Rangers Oct 31st 2014 - 6pm Central Time