For USA Hockey, the IIHF U18 World Championship has become the ultimate opportunity to show its teeth and what the program has achieved. The team has been medaling for years and is coming off a disappointing loss to Canada in last spring’s gold medal game, one in which it outshot its northern neighbors, 35-12. This year’s squad is once again heading to the tournament with gold ambitions in mind, but will be looking a bit different than in years past.
As well as acting as the hub for the Kootenay Ice, Cranbrook, BC is widely regarded for its rich railway history which dates back to the turn of the twentieth century. So it’s almost poetic that Rinat Valiev landed there in an effort to get a potential NHL career back on track.
The NCAA narrative begins early for most players planning to play collegiate hockey. By Grade 10 the player is being actively recruited and generally takes the next year or two to choose the school they feel will be best suited to their needs. The top recruits – the ones with NHL interest – are typically selected in the NHL Draft prior to even suiting up for their school of choice.
- All-Purpose Israel/Palestine Thread Part II - War in Gaza
- HF Partner: Suggested NHL Draft System: Honour for Connor
- OT: Jets Lounge: The Farts Have Just Started
- Evaluate Chevy - Part II
- Is Success During Original Six Era Relevant?
- Confirmed with Link: Ryan O'Reilly Thread Part IV - O'Reilly SIGNS 2 yrs 12M (6M AAV) - No Arbitration