Two years ago, Juho Olkinuora was an unknown. After going 14-13 with a 2.78 goals-against average in 2011 for the Sioux Falls Stampede of the USHL, the Helsinki native returned home to Finland empty-handed with no scholarship offers to play college hockey in the United States.
Northeastern’s 2012-13 season officially came to an end a little over a week ago with consecutive losses to Boston University, but the Huskies saw their playoff aspirations dashed the previous weekend after losing to and tying Maine in a two-game set. For freshman sensation Kevin Roy (ANA), the season ended even sooner as an injury sidelined him for Northeastern’s final five games.
In recent years, it’s become a hockey hotbed and a place that was a little off the radar itself: Oxford, Ohio – the home of the Miami University RedHawks.
The first thing that most people notice about Ryan MacInnis is his size. Even just having turned 17 years old a couple of weeks ago, MacInnis already stands 6’3” and weighs 174 pounds. His size is imposing, even on a U.S. National Team Development Program team that is peppered with big bodies.
- Pre-Game Talk: 2014 NHL Entry Draft - Part III
- GDT: 3/11 7:30pm Leafs @ Sharks
- GDT: Leafs @ Sharks Reimer this Reimer that (Reimer versus the Sharks)
- Useless Thread MCLXXXV: Dream Appreciation Thread | Ph.D. in "Broscience"
- Some Jets fans go too far with abuse of 11-year-old in Tavares jersey
- KFC Big Boss has arrived