The Washington Capitals have an intriguing mix of prospects currently playing in Europe and at the NCAA level. They have some highly-touted prospects in Yevgeni Kuznetsov and Patrick Wey, impressive youngsters like Caleb Herbert and Travis Boyd, and more veteran role players like Mattias Sjogren. Most of them are still a few years away from joining the professional ranks, either with the Capitals or the Hershey Bears.
Team Depth Chart of NHL Prospects
- Several prospects with high-end potential
- Talented depth in goal
- Surplus of role players
- Shallow pool in terms of overall NHL potential.
- Thin on defense and left wing
Legend of Players' Leagues
- Playing in N.A. Pro (NHL, AHL, ECHL, etc.)
- Playing in CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL)
- Playing in NCAA
- Playing in Europe
- Playing in Junior 'A' (USHL, BCHL, AJHL, etc.)
- Not Categorized Yet
Pettinger is one of three 2000 draftees that are expected to turn pro immediately for the Caps. The scouting staff thought so highly of him that they traded up to select him. Although he is considered more of a defensive player, he does have some offensive ability. Due to the Capitals lack of depth on the wings at the minor-league level, he should be Portland’s first or second-line left winger. Depending on who he gets paired with, he could put up some decent offensive numbers.
Barch truly impressed the coaches in his brief tryout at the end of last season. He had not played up to his full potential during his junior career, and was in danger of falling down the depth chart. He will be in tough to earn one of the top line positions, but the opportunity is there. The Capitals have always felt that Krys has enormous potential, and now is his chance to show it. The organization’s weakest position is left wing, and he can rise quickly if he plays well.
- Evgeny Kuznetsov
- Tom Wilson
- Andre Burakovsky
- Tomas Kundratek
- Philipp Grubauer
- Madison Bowey
- Riley Barber
- Nate Schmidt
- Stanislav Galiev
- Michael Latta
- GDT: 12/11/13 - Minnesota Wild @ Anaheim Ducks - 9:30PM CST - FS-N, FS-W
- Post Game Talk: Leafs fall 3-1 to the Kings| In other news, our penalty kill still sucks
- Value of: Scott Hartnell
- GDT: Habs @ Flyers - 7PM ET - RDS/TSN-HABS/CSN-PH
- GDT: Ducks Vs Wild 12/11 vodka 7:30 tonight
- Winnipeg Jets tickets available at discount price