Mirco Mueller could be excused if he is a little disorientated this week while playing at the Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game in Halifax. Ever since the start of the 2013 calendar year, the young Swiss defenseman has spent almost as much time traveling on airplanes as he has playing hockey.
Cassels. Domi. Mantha. Rychel. They are names that many hockey fans are familiar with, the names of former NHL players. But those names also represent a new wave of talent, still on the way to hopefully making an impact in the pro ranks.
Despite the fact that it is considered one of the "Big Four" major leagues in North America, hockey remains a small sport in many different ways. That size brings a sense of community, where everybody knows one another.
The expectation for Canada is always the same: nothing short of a gold medal. But in recent history, the results have fallen short.
After a pair of silver medals and a bronze over the last three World Juniors, Canada was once again tasked with bringing home the gold at the 2013 World Junior Championship in Ufa, Russia.
- Useless Thread MCLXXXIV: Alcohol Appreciation Thread
- The Schedule Looks Brutal From Here Out
- Michel Therrien knows more about hockey than you do.
- Prospect Info: 2013-14 Colorado Avalanche Prospects Thread II
- Nolan suckerpunch
- 13-14 Around the League: Changes to HNIC (Strombo the new Host, Millard, Marek too)