The Prince Albert Raiders have struggled to make the playoffs for the last several years, despite the best efforts of players like current team leader and first-round NHL draft pick, Mark McNeil (CHI). Enter Leon Draisaitl, a German-born WHL rookie and 2014 draft-eligible forward who scored at nearly a point-per-game pace in his rookie season. Draisaitl and McNeil combined for 125 points and led the Raiders to their first post-season appearance in almost a decade.
The first thing that most people notice about Ryan MacInnis is his size. Even just having turned 17 years old a couple of weeks ago, MacInnis already stands 6’3” and weighs 174 pounds. His size is imposing, even on a U.S. National Team Development Program team that is peppered with big bodies.
The current tale of the tape, Western Hockey League style, quite convincingly suggests the Portland Winterhawks will probably supply the “long and short of it” when the time comes for NHL teams to make their selections at the 2013 NHL Draft in Newark, New Jersey.
- Speculation: NY Islanders Sale Talk Part III (Mod Warnings Post #48, #52)
- 2014 Summer Prospect Rankings: #7
- Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] Ryan O'Reilly re-signed (2 years, $6M AAV)
- JVR or Voracek?
- Thornton is done as an enforcer./ Post-playoffs: Who replaces him on the 4th line?
- On the Radio: 1290 am - Part II