As the 2013-14 season progresses, the order at the top of the ISS Hockey 2014 NHL Draft rankings seems to have further solidified. Case in point: the top five prospects in the March rankings is the same order as the top five from the February rankings.
Hockey in Minnesota can be traced back to 1883 when Frank Barron introduced the game of ice polo to the town of St. Paul. 15 years later, the first hockey game in Minnesota would be played under the lights of Athletic Park in Minneapolis. The entire state quickly fell in love with the game and to help aid its growing popularity, communities all over the Gopher State began putting up their own ice rinks.
As well as acting as the hub for the Kootenay Ice, Cranbrook, BC is widely regarded for its rich railway history which dates back to the turn of the twentieth century. So it’s almost poetic that Rinat Valiev landed there in an effort to get a potential NHL career back on track.
Our list of drafted goaltenders playing in the Western Hockey League includes prototypical workhorses, netminders who in most cases are tending the pipes over 80 percent of the time that their teams take the ice.
- PGDT-Poll: SCP Game 3| Capitals @ Islanders | Players of the Game Poll | PO Edition | F/TBD
- Who is the best Sharks coach in history?
- Newcomer Garbowsky feels at home in Rochester
- Proposal: Lucic for grabner+
- NBA: San Antonio Spurs at Los Angeles Clippers, 19/4, 10:30PM EST
- NBA: Memphis Grizzlies at Portland Trail Blazers, 19/4, 8:00PM EST