The Western Hockey League continues to develop high-end talent among defenseman, players that ultimately wind up patrolling the bluelines for NHL teams or as professionals around the world.
In the 2013-14 season regular season, the WHL featured a talented variety of wingers that are currently NHL prospects. The focus of this article is on the those WHL wingers that are currently property of a National Hockey League team, six of whom have signed NHL contracts. Our ranking consists of seven Canadians and three imports. Seven toiled in the WHL’s Western Conference, and our ranking contains a couple sets of teammates.
Hockey in Minnesota can be traced back to 1883 when Frank Barron introduced the game of ice polo to the town of St. Paul. 15 years later, the first hockey game in Minnesota would be played under the lights of Athletic Park in Minneapolis. The entire state quickly fell in love with the game and to help aid its growing popularity, communities all over the Gopher State began putting up their own ice rinks.
- Series where you thought the turning point had occurred...
- GDT: #12 – Sabres at Penguins – Sat Nov 1, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, SN1 – WGR
- GDT: Los Angeles Kings at Carolina Hurricanes — November 2, 2014, 2:00 p.m. (PST)
- Can NJD make it to the playoffs?
- What if the NHL embraced the future of sports gambling, similar to Adam Silvers take?
- GDT: Jets @ Rangers Oct 31st 2014 - 6pm Central Time