The Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) announced today its Weekly Top 15 rankings for the 2009-2010 season. Last week’s rankings and the leagues in which the teams belong to are in parenthesis.
The CJHL Weekly Top 15 as of Monday, October 19th:
1. (1) Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL)
2. (2) Kingston Voyageurs (OJAHL)
3. (3) Vernon Vipers (BCHL)
4. (4) Penticton Vees (BCHL)
5. (5) Dauphin Kings (MJHL)
6. (7) Georgetown Raiders (OJAHL)
7. (8) Pembroke Lumber Kings (CJHL)
8. (9 Weyburn Red Wings (SJHL)
9. (6) Bonnyville Pontiacs (AJHL)
10. (NR) Newmarket Hurricanes (CCHL)
11. (HM) Woodstock Slammers (MJAHL)
12. (NR) Surrey Eagles (BCHL)
13. (13) Abitibi Eskimos (NOJHL)
14. (14) Fort William North Stars (SIJHL)
15. (15) Les Pantheres de Saint-Jerome (LHJAAA)
Honorable mention goes to the Powell River Kings (BCHL), Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL), Toronto Junior Canadiens (CCHL), Wellington Dukes (CCHL), Oakville Blades (OJAHL), Cornwall Colts (CJHL), and Truro Bearcats (MJAHL)
The rankings are based upon a variety of factors which includes the league in which the teams belong to, their winning percentage, their win-loss record, total points accumulated, their goals-for versus goals-against ratio, amongst other factors.
The CJHL is an amalgamation of ten Junior A hockey leagues from across Canada.